My cousin Laura posted posted some of her personal pregnancy phenomena on her blog, one of which is weird sleeping positions/dreams. Well, I had a freaky dream of my own a couple nights ago, and I'd like to share it.
It all began at the home of our friends Heather and Chino. Heather is also pregnant; I believe she's due around May. Anyway, Heather was cooking some soup, but there was something distinctly different about this variety: her fetus was swimming around in it (anyone ever read Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"?). One may think that this situation would be horrifying, but Heather continued to happily stir her baby around in the pot. Indeed, even I seemed unfazed. I think I remembered reading something (in my dream) about the benefits of removing the baby from the womb before it is born--it introduces it to the environment and helps it learn how to breathe better (what the benefits of soup are, I just don't know). Well, later in the dream, I saw Heather's "unborn" baby sleeping in a crib, and she was quite big and beautiful. I decided to take my baby out (how this happened is still a mystery), but she was so tiny and fragile. I was quite upset that my baby was still so undeveloped. I ended up putting her back in the womb (again, a mystery). Needless to say, I was very relieved when I woke up to find that my baby was still safe and sound in my belly, and was actually kicking my ribs. This is just one of the many odd baby dreams I've had.
2 comments:
What a wierd dream Chrissie. Mine or mostly end of the world, rambo type dreams. Glad they are just dreams. It was so fun to see you too!!!! Love you.
Chrissie,
You look fabulous!
Anne
Post a Comment