Friday, March 14, 2008

Busy Day


Yesterday was pretty neat. Sevak got tickets to the Pacific Life Open through work, so we went over and watched a couple of matches between Vania King (USA) and Anne Kremer (Luxembourg). King won (yay)! Here's a picture in which you can only see the Luxembourgian.


We also saw this lady being interviewed. I have no idea who she is, but there was a crowd around her. So, like any touristy people, Sevak and I took a picture. We didn't see Roger Federer or Maria Sharapova, who were also there.

Finally, in the evening I taught my last ESL class (for this semester). It was cute because some of my students brought me baby gifts. And, of course, all of the women shared their motherly advice and gave me lots of hugs. They are the sweetest people ever. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures! Well, afterward I did take a picture of one of the gifts I received, because it was particularly pretty:


These are some little pastry sandwich things from my French student, the pastry chef. You can see that I've already enjoyed a few. There are some pretty exotic flavor combinations, like raspberry-lychee, black currant, etc. Yum.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Those pretty pastries look like they should be on a magazine cover. They are definitely "tres magnifique"-looking. That was so nice of your student. By the way, I loved your little Irish greeting.