



Okay, yesterday I must have jinxed myself by saying no baby had arrived. Later on that day, I started feeling contractions, and sure enough, they resulted in a baby! For those of you who would like to hear the birth story, here it is:
Around 4-ish I was getting really mild contractions. Nevertheless, they were more consistent than the ones I had been feeling up until that point. Around 6-ish, they began getting more intense and closer together. I really was quite able to manage up until about 8 or so. I vomited a couple of times and was feeling yucky. I told Sevak that I wanted to go to the hospital, and he was like, "are you sure?" I kind of doubted myself because my contractions were only about 6 minutes apart. However, we ended up going and arrived at 9:00. At the hospital, I learned I was 4-5 cm dilated, which was nice to hear. About a half hour later I was 7-8 cm dilated. I had planned on going au naturel, but during one contraction, I was surprised to hear myself say (okay, yell) "epidural!" They said that in order to do that, they needed to draw blood, and I was already progressing so rapidly, that I might not even make it in time. Well, I got some other medicine instead. I forget what it was called, but it sort of relaxed me [follow-up note: it was Nubain]. Shortly afterward, I learned I was fully dilated and I started feeling the urge to push. I kept yelling, "pressure! pressure!" They wheeled me into the L&D room, the doctor rushed in, I pushed for about 15 minutes, and Rose was out at 10:55! I was surprised at the relative ease of the delivery.
8 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS SEVAK AND CHRISSIE!!! She looks so much like Chrissie! She a beauty!! Glad everything went so well!
Chrissie...I can't really tell who she looks like at all. I guess it's kind of hard to tell right away. She's beautiful none the less. I'm so excited for you.
She is beautiful! I think she looks like her momma. Congratulations Chrissie and Sevak!
Congrats! and way to go on such a fast labor! Although it could change at any minute, I think she looks a lot like Chrissie :) Beautiful baby!
chrissie-
CONGRATULATIONS!! What an exciting time! I think that she looks like you! I just had my first 8 weeks ago...I looooovvve being a mommy! I'm sure you will too! I'm sure your family is overjoyed, how could they not with such a sweet bundle of love to add to the family. Congrats beautiful, get some rest and take it easy!
Much Love-
Heidi Clarke
Congratulations!
Your daughter is beautiful.
I hope you and Rose are well.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Good luck!
congrats! sounds like things went really smoothly! she's a cutie. enjoy her and try to get some sleep!!
Post a Comment