Friday, Day One
Before we left, I put a cute new outfit on Rose and took some photos:
Right after the photo shoot, the princess (see onesie) had a major accident which went all the way up her back; I dressed her in a new poop-friendly onesie. Good thing this all happened before we got in the car.
After an uneventful car ride, we got to our hotel in Costa Mesa and went to meet up with some friends at Claim Jumper, which happened to be in the South Coast Plaza. If you ever go to one of the largest malls in America with a specific destination in mind, I wouldn't suggest just parking anywhere and walking. However, our far parking spot gave us an excuse to go over a cool bridge which connected us to the other part of the mall:
We finally made it to the restaurant and saw our friends, the Metcalfes:
When our waitress brought out a humongous platter of meat for Sevak and I to share, I felt like I was on an episode of the Flinstones or something. Here's about 1/3 of our food. The other 2/3 is already in our stomachs.
Here I am being carnivorous:
After we ate, Sevak, Rose, and I leisurely walked back to our car and window shopped. Since there was a male in our group, we had to stop in at one of those techy Sony stores. It ended up not being so bad. If you liked my rendition of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" on Guitar Hero, you'd love my version of "Ice, Ice Baby" on Sony's "SingStar." Here's a pic:
Next, we went to Ralphs to get some Oreos. And hey, they were on the house (note to savvy shoppers: if the item rings up wrong, it's free)!
That was a good day.
Saturday, Day Two
We woke up and worked out (in shifts) at the hotel. Then we went to IHOP and met the Metcalfes at Newport beach around noon or so. This little fellow was there to greet us:
Here's Rose at the beginning of the day:
"This is interesting..."
Here she is at the end:
"Get me out of here!"
We didn't have enough cash for our ridiculously high parking fee, so we had to use our debit card for ridiculously expensive gelatos and get cash back. At least my hazelnut flavor was delish.
After the beach, we went up to my Grandma's, but stopped at UCLA first. Here's a pic of Sevak on campus:
That was a good and tiring day. Here's Rose getting a good night's sleep:
Sunday, Day Three
Here I am, making up for a bad night's sleep. Rose decided to join me too, just for the heck of it:
We went to church with Grandma and then saw our other Grandparents. Here are pictures of Rose with all three:
It was a great day, but we had to get home. Unfortunately, a mean cop didn't like the speed at which we were going, so he gave us a ticket. If only I could have thought of a way to get out of it, like offering him some oreos or having Rose make that face where her eyes get watery and her lower lip quivers. Oh well...we'll probably look back on this and laugh, right? (grumble, grumble...) Well, I guess that's the price you have to pay for a fun vacation!
1 comment:
I love seeing Grandma and Grandpa with great grandchildren in their hands. Not sure why but it making me feel all weepy inside. Grandma is looking good. Some of those pictures of Rose are hilarious. I can't wait for fun baby pictures.
Post a Comment