Friday, July 25, 2008

The Best Part of the Vacation

This post deals with our visit to my old hometown and with one of our favorite families. We need to get up early tomorrow, so I don't have time for captions. However, I know my family is dying to see pics, so I'll post them and write more about them later (looking through these, I realize we didn't get any pics with Mr. L.) :( *Captions are up!*

Yesterday (I'm editing this post 7/25, so "yesterday" was the 24th) we went to visit our dear, dear friends in Bucks County. Here are some pics:



The lovely ladies (L-R: Emily, Lauren, Rose & me, Jessica, Mrs. L.)



Us in front of my old home (Meredyth is in this one)



Lauren, Rose and me in front of the pond where we used to feed ducks!



A real Amish person! Sevak tried to be discreet about this because we weren't sure if these particular folks were camera-friendly.



Here's where Washington crossed the Delaware...a very lovely spot in the summer



My alma mater. Go Mustangs!



My other alma mater...which is closing due to low student enrollment. :(



Sevak reenacting "The Spirit of Neshaminy"



This place was really neat...it was a 9/11 Memorial called "The Garden of Reflection." This is an actual piece from the World Trade Center. There were also walls nearby where all the victims' names were posted.



This beautiful "twin fountain" was also very refreshing!



Historic Newtown...I never knew there was so much history to this area when I actually lived here! It was so nice to take a little tour.



We also caught one of our other neighbors, Mrs. S.

Anyway, this day was by far my favorite day of the vacation. Not only did I get to see all the sites of my childhood, I got to visit with very special people (who acted as tour guides, chauffeurs, baby helpers, chefs, and just great company)! Thanks for everything, you guys--we loved spending time with you!

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

I assume this is Pennsylvania?? Isn't your hometown Corona?? :(

Robin said...

Wow, what memories!! I am soooo homesick for Pennsylvania seeing our "Pennsylvania family" in these photos and all the familiar sites! Go Keystone State. . .the best state in the Union!!!

Robin said...

Hey, Lisa B: I don't mean to totally turn my back on dear old Corona. I'll never forget those beautiful palm trees on Foothill nor an incomparable group of MIA Maids in their Nads video! :)

Shevaun said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait to see out this way!