Monday, September 29, 2008

Good Ol' Fashioned Fun

Yesterday we went to Cornbelly's, a fall fun extravaganza. The main attraction was a corn maze, which was surprisingly challenging. For all you LDS people, you know that outdated seminary video where the legging-wearing, parachute pant-sporting teens have an activity in a maze? Remember how the group of "bad" kids doesn't use the lookout towers and tries to hop over the walls? That was definitely us yesterday. We didn't even know where the end was supposed to be, so we aimlessly wandered around. Then we cut through the walls of corn and somehow exited through the entrance. We even tried using the lookout towers, but we couldn't even find the exit! Also, all the towers seemed to be swarming with bees--major turn-off. Anyway, it was fun enough. I just couldn't picture myself doing it for more than 15 minutes.

Other attractions included a big bouncing pad, which I desperately wanted to try. However, it appeared that the oldest "bouncer" was a twelve-year-old, so Rose was my excuse to participate. Okay, Sevak was actually the one holding her, but I came on to act as a "spotter." Unfortunately, it seemed a bit intense, so I kicked Sevak off for Rose's protection. That didn't stop me from staying on a little longer, though...I had to make the most of it!

We also went on a hay ride and played in a big box of corn (rich man's sandbox). Our camera died shortly after arriving, so we only got a few pics. Rose looks a little--to quote Napoleon Dynamite's brother Kip--TO'ed in most of them, but she really had a BLAST. It was actually a fun outing, despite some of my former sarcasm. It certainly put me in the mood for fall! (Oh, I forgot to mention that we also got a yummy caramel apple there that was delightful).




3 comments:

Shevaun said...

I wish we could have come. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Shevaun said...

I saw the video. It is so cute!

Lauren Palmer said...

Rose! Cute little monkey butt! Look at all that hair!