Anyway, this post wasn't supposed to be about Rose's sleeping habits, although they did contribute to the crazy time we had this morning. Rose went to bed very late last night (late for her--like 8:30), and woke up at about 6 (whereas she usually wakes up at 7). She also woke up numerous times during the middle of the night, and I was extremely irritable. I brought her into the family room and grumpily ate breakfast with Sevak. Rose was more than happy to scoot around and play, and decided that she wanted to explore our makeshift entertainment center (a nightstand). She ended up bonking her face on the drawer's handle. Poor little thing bruised the corner of her eye. It broke my heart because I had been holding a grudge toward her and just kind of plopped her down in the family room without doing my cheerful "Good morning, Rose!" type of thing. She probably had just as hard of a night as I had, yet I blamed all of my fatigue on her. She cried for a bit, but soon brightened up as she always does. I need to learn a lesson from her--she is so optimistic and forgiving. We both ended up getting a pretty good nap after Sevak left for school, so I'm thankful for that.
The mug shot
She just laughs it off
4 comments:
I'm so sorry, Chrissie! And Rose! Today I have been an absolute zombie due to sleep deprivation myself. Symphany started to sleep through the night at 2 mo. but that lasted only 6 weeks. I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep since the beginning of October and it's taking a toll on me. Guess what? She just woke up, so I gotta go. Have you read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child? I started it but don't seem to have the energy I need to get all the way through it. We should talk!
One more thing: I love the shade of blue that Rose's eyes are. Is that the exact same shade of blue that your eyes are? She looks so cute and happy even though she's sporting an owie. Maybe she took a little bit of pride in her venture. Okay, another thing: I love the title of your post. How clever!
Chrissie!
Just wanted to let you know really quickly that Eldon didn't sleep well and through the night until about 2 years and Lilly still wakes up several times!! I just try to be patient and keep up the hope! Good luck! I don't understand the mothers who have their kids sleeping through the night so early. WHAT do they do! I feel like I tried everything...it might also have to do with the kid's temperament?
I seem to recall a little baby/toddler named Christina who didn't sleep through the night much of her first year! I guess what goes around comes around ;) Don't worry, though. . .sleeping through the night happens seemingly "overnight" (no pun intended)
Post a Comment