It's been a few hours since the incident that inspired this post occurred; otherwise, my title would have been much more irate--maybe all in caps. Also, as you can tell from the title, I am not the biggest sports fan...I'm not even really sure what sport is currently in season. However, after the events of tonight, I despise sports with even more passion!
Anyway, tonight I went to campus to watch a movie for my French crime film class. There was a lot of traffic near the Marriott Center--I assumed some sport game was going on (probably basketball, because I think that's the only sport played on the basketball court inside) :). Well, as I approached the parking areas near the international cinema, I noticed that they were really full. Sure enough, I drove around for a BILLION years trying to find a darn spot. I even went into some underground parking which was horribly, horribly laid-out. I arrived at a dead end and had to awkwardly do a 50-point turn to get out to the exit. I finally found a spot like 50 million miles from the theater (I feel the need to use hyperbole tonight; can you tell?). Luckily, the movie I saw was awesome and helped ease my anger (Blue Gardenia--I recommend it). But, I am mad at all those basketball spectators who took my spots for a far less worthy cause (I am going to get barraged with counter-arguments and angry comments from sports fans; I know it)! So be it--this is what I think of basketball:
>:-( >:-O >:-( !!!!! BAAAA!!!!!! BOOO!!!!!
Feel the anger of my angry emoticons and exclamations!
6 comments:
I don't blame you! Any reason to make a girl drive around for hours just trying to find a spot so she can get to class elicits negativity almost automatically. Maybe you'd feel better if BYU basketball had at least won the game, but alas, they LOST! 2nd loss at home from the past 4 home games (confession: I'm somewhat of a sports fan, but I only watch highlights on the news; maybe your pain would have been averted if more fans did the same).
I "feel" your anger, Chrissie! Being a diehard sports fan definitely took a backseat to other stuff growing up, didn't it?! (Go Arts!) Better not show your disdain for basketball to your cousin, Blake, though. He'd have a fit, for sure! :)
Amen! I hate basketball, but more importantly, I hate the traffic caused by basketball. I was driving home from campus last night around 10:00 (I was practicing the PIANO, thanks, Mom, for raising us on the arts!), and I was peeved that what should have been a 2-3 minute drive home took about 3-4 times as long, with ample pedestrians (covered in blue) j-walking like they owned the darn town. Anyway, I'm really not bitter. Co cougars. . . .
i hate sports. i grew up in a family that did NOT watch sports. i count my blessings every time mark talks to one of his friends (typically after a game) and i realize that i'm very lucky to have a husband who couldn't care less about watching sports. ahhhhh....
Amen, Lisa--Sevak is also a non-sports-watcher. Ahhh, the freedom! And hahaha, Megan...Looks like I caught the beginning of the sports pandemonium and you got the tail end of it. Go Cougars...grr...
I hate all BYU sports but for other reasons... My husband LOVES them, therefore I hate them. I remember hating to be in Provo on any sports event day, sorry. This is Kim Carlson by the way.
Post a Comment