Sunday, April 26, 2009

Updates

My mom was recently in town to help my sister move out of her apartment. Sadly, I didn't take a single picture, but we had a lot of fun, considering the time restraints.

Sevak just arrived in China for an MBA trip. He sent a couple of pictures early this morning (night for him). Here's one of him by the bullet train he took from the airport to Shanghai:



Man, I would love to be there with him. However, I'm taking a class during Spring term (it starts in a couple of days). It would also be hard to travel with Rose/baby in the tummy. Oh, I also have a humongous master's exam to study for; I'm taking it a couple of days after Sevak gets back. I am so scared! I'm going to study for it after Rose goes to bed; I still need to figure out when I'm going to do my homework for my class (nap time is ruled out; that's when my class is). I'm sure it'll all work out.

Rose has been cracking me up lately. She usually wants me to play with her, but on the rare occasion that she's entertaining herself, she's usually in the same exact spot: a corner of her "closet" (it's really an inlet with a curtain hanging from it). She loves to sit against the wall in that little corner and hide behind the curtain. I guess it's her refuge. Yesterday I found her there reading a book. I think it's also her preferred spot to go #2.

Rose has also been experimenting a lot lately. Yesterday she discovered that one of her cylindrical blocks can hold water, so she spent a long time trickling water into it from her sippy cup. Then she would touch the water and pour it out (it was only a few drops, so I didn't stop her).

The other day we were on the playground and Rose was getting the biggest kick out of the other kids. There was a six-year-old girl whom she just idolized. Rose would say, "hi, hi" to her as she climbed up the slide, and the girl would respond. Rose loved that--I think it made her feel special. She would frequently walk up to the girl and try to play with her. She also loved the girl's one-year-old brother. She kept hugging him, leaning on him, and putting her head close to his as if to give him a kiss. Sometimes she can be a bit of a meanie to other kids, but at other times she is the most loving little thing. It is so cute.

Well, we need to get going now, but I'll try to post more pics and info from Sevak as I receive it.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

China would be fabulous--maybe another time, another year. Bet it's hard to let Sevak experience that without you, especially with your being an aficionada of cultures the world over. I didn't know you were taking a class during spring term. Busy, busy, you are! It's so admirable that you're continuing your program and embracing motherhood simultaneously. You are so smart! So is Rose! Loved reading about her scientific experiments at such a young age. Also loved imagining her taking refuge in her own little special, secluded space.

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

Love you and miss you tons! -Sevak