Little errors like that kind of rub me the wrong way, but some errors just make me laugh. Take this sign, for example:
Sevak spotted this sign before his hike of the Great Wall of China. Good thing there were no heart cerebral disease sufferers in his group. They wouldn't have known what to have done.
Here's another pic of him on the wall:
3 comments:
HA, that's delightful. Check out engrish.com for more of the same.
That Enlish translation is hilarious! At first read, I think most English literates (is that my own neologism there? Can "literate" only be used as an adjective? Oh, I wish dictionary.com hadn't changed to a site seeking online clientele for other companies!) would say to themselves, "Okay, a bit off, okay, maybe REALLY off, but I get the gist." At least that's one of the thoughts that entered my mind. But then I asked myself exactly how it should have been phrased, and I honestly could not come up with a succinct, syntactically correct version. That's the beauty of such blunders, I guess, and also what makes them so comical: you understand mostly, and yet you can't easily fix the sentence. And that sign in the lobby, Chrissie, that type of sign drives me crazy, also! Though my grammar is not perfect, I'm always seeking perfection in that domain. Mistakes like "& Etc." are screeches and scratches on a chalkboard, disturbing my grammatical hearing! Aside from all this "much ado about nothing", I hope Sevak enjoyed his hike and the breathtaking views!
As far as the tatoo shop is concerned, I would definitely be worried about having a permanent spelling error engraved on my body! Yikes! It's like saying: DO NOT ENTER!
Post a Comment