Thursday, June 25, 2009

Boring Log of this Morning's Events, But What Can I Say?--I'm Pretty Boring.

Ever since we've been in California, Rose has only woken up past 6:00 once--that was at 6:15, and I think the only reason she got up that late is because she had a bad dream a few hours earlier (luckily she went back to sleep after I gave her a bottle). I go to bed early, but still--I hate waking up at 5:30. I tried putting her to bed at 7 or 7:15 p.m. a couple of times, but it seems like she woke up even earlier. Uggh.

Anyway, this post wasn't necessarily supposed to be about Rose's sleeping habits. The point is, I usually have to find ways to entertain her while I'm still cranky and groggy in the morning. I try to keep her in my room for a little while before we go downstairs, but this morning she kept running to the door and saying "woof woof, moo." I didn't really know why she kept repeating that, but I finally caved in and walked downstairs with her. The first toy she ran to was a robotic dog (hence the "woof woof"). After she was finished with the dog, she sat on the couch, pointed to the T.V., and said "moo." Pretty clever--she has a farm animals Baby Einstein DVD, so she was telling me she wanted to watch it. Unfortunately, she has been watching T.V. way too much lately. After the DVD was over, I decided to go on a long walk with her to the playground (we started off at about 7:30). On our way there, we saw a motorcycle cop. Lo and behold, as soon as we passed him, he flicked on his lights and started chasing a speeder. Poor person. I always feel bad witnessing such events. We had a good time at the park. As we were leaving, Rose loudly said "bye" to the lady I had been talking to--it was kind of funny. On the walk home we saw the same cop facing the other direction. Wouldn't you know it--as soon as we passed, he started pursuing another speeder. I started to feel like walking bad luck.

After the park we played with some Barbies (never too young, right?). Rose is now obsessed with making the dolls kiss each other and forcing others to kiss the dolls. She also likes to make the dolls dance on my leg (I did that once and now she thinks it's a required Barbie activity).

So, that's that.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Those sneaky Danville cops...don't they have anything better to do than nab people on Tassajara?! That's why the city's coffers are so full! Maybe the cop was showing off for you and Rose! ;)