As indicated by the title, last night was great. We went swimming, walked to Whole Foods market (the nearest and coolest grocery store), and Rose fell asleep easily (we got two adjoining rooms and put her in one all by herself--spoiled little girl). This morning, however, she woke up at 4:50. When we gave her cold milk, she went hysterical (we've since had a microwave brought up to our room). At around 6-something, I had had enough and put her back into her crib and let her cry it out. She finally went to sleep and stayed asleep until 8-something. It's the best thing ever waking up at a "normal" time.
This afternoon has been great, as we've explored the city a bit. First we went to the Embarcadero and sampled some wares at the farmer's market.
Not an inorganic thing in sight. Even the meat vendors touted "humane, antibiotic-free" beef.
We then went inside and walked around the shops. This was my favorite:
Mmm...pig parts.
Rose's favorite thing to do at the Embarcadero was chase pigeons. She kept yelling "beuh, beuh!" (bird, bird) as she wandered around the flocks. She even figured out that she could feed these creatures:
Then we met Sevak near his work for lunch. We ate at a yummy Cuban place called Paladar. Sevak had a chorizo sandwich and I had the "plato vegetariano" with rice and beans, salad, and fried plantains. As usual, Rose had a couple of bites of each of ours and spent the rest of the time fishing ice out of our cups. By the way, that place had no highchairs, and I've noticed that highchair-less places are trendy around these parts. Every time I pass someone with a stroller or another little kid, I breathe a sigh of relief--I am not alone.
After lunch I tried to put Rose down for a nap, but STUPID HOUSKEEPING (still holding a grudge) knocked on her door and disrupted her. What cracks me up is Rose yelled "hi" as the woman entered and said "housekeeping," but then she erupted into cries. The woman realized she was disrupting a nap and shut the door. I should have put up a "privacy please" sign, so it's my fault, but Housekeeping also called a few minutes after I retried putting Rose down, and the ring woke her up (they called to say sorry, but grrr...second offense!). Oh well; you live and learn--I've unplugged the phones in her room and will be more diligent about my sign placement. She didn't sleep, so we went out again and found a "play circle" at the Yerba Buena Gardens. It was filled with rambunctious, running, big kids, but I kept a good eye on Rose and she had a good (dirty) time in the sandbox:
Later, my dad brought the laptop because we had forgotten it in Danville. (Yay--now I can blog! Err...I mean...do my homework!) Rose eventually went down for a nap, too. Anyway, Sevak's home now and I'm starving, so here's to an awesome evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment