Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye...

Rose and I will be leaving California soon. I'll miss it here, but I'm kind of having nesting impulses and feel like I should be heading back. Rose is also excited to see her old friends. One thing I'm dreading, however, is the weather--if I had air conditioning, I wouldn't care. I don't have air conditioning, though, and I'm in the last month of my pregnancy. And I don't even think I care about it for my own comfort--I'm more worried that Rose is going to be a cranky girl. We shall see...

During the last few days in San Fran we walked to Fisherman's Wharf again, via the Embarcadero. I think it was a much quicker walk than the last time. We saw some stuff, and then went home via regular streets. On the way I just happened to find another library, so Rose and I had our third library trip of the week. They also just happened to be doing story time, so Rose got to enjoy that. Afterward we played on a nearby playground.

Friday my dad picked us up and took us to the California Culinary Academy. The chefs-in-training put on a great, fancy buffet. It was very enjoyable. We also went to Golden Gate Park and took a little driving tour of that side of San Fran.

I'm not posting any pictures because my camera ran out of battery and we didn't bring the charger. I'm so glad it lasted as long as it did. I'll post pics later.

Anyway, I have to go to the airport now. It's been great! I love you, CA! I love you, family!

3 comments:

Robin said...

We love you! I'm having a "major Rose withdrawal" as I speak. You better be setting up your Skype as soon as you guys get settled again!

Kathleen said...

That went by so fast! You've made some wonderful memories for yourself and your family this summer. I'm sure it's hard for all of you to deal with your departure, but I'm glad Simon's mommy will be able to get things in order for his grand entrance in the not-too-distant future! Love that you and Rose enjoy libraries so much and that you happened to arrive at that one in time to attend Story Time. Awesome!

Lisa and Mark said...

ahh!!! are you already gone??? i've just entered back in reality from my mom being here and then losing so much sleep. if you're still around, and up for a visitor, let me know!