Friday, July 10, 2009

Today

We walked all the way to Fisherman's wharf (I walked, that is). On the way we went through Chinatown and Little Italy. We also encountered some elderly Chinese people engaging in their morning exercise:



By the way, yesterday morning there was an elderly Asian couple doing Tai Chi at the playground. Rose and I were the only ones there, and I felt kind of awkward chasing her around the sandbox as they peacefully flowed in and out of their positions.

Anyway, we also saw the Saints Peter and Paul Church along the way. I decided to go inside with Rose. There were a few other worshipers within, but it was so silent that one could hear a pin drop. That didn't deter Rose from making her usual comments at her usual volume. If I were in my own church, I wouldn't have been worried, but my own church is a place where one would never hear a pin drop. I promptly took her out. She kept saying Dzee-Dza (Jesus) as we were leaving. She must've felt the spirit.


She kept saying "baa" as we looked at this display...you'll notice there's a sheep.


We finally got to Fisherman's Wharf.


Alcatraz


A disinterested Rose with a faint Golden Gate Bridge in the background



Rose got the hugest kick out of the sounds the Sea Lions made. She kept laughing even before we caught sight of the animals themselves.


We then paid the $13.95 entrance fee (that was with a $2 discount) to go the aquarium. It was worth it to keep Rose occupied for a bit.


I kept trying to get Rose to wear the crown, to no avail
.



She kept saying "blub, blub, blub," running from tank to tank and pointing to the fish.


The gift shop...always one of Rose's favorites

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great photos and commentary. Dad & I enjoyed it a lot. You and Rose are becoming quite the San Franciscans! Maybe the next thing to check off your list is the "Full House" townhome...though that would be a huge walk. Shame on Macy's for no maternity dept!

Megan said...

Awww, cute!!! Seeing all these cute pics and your wonderful description of Rose's interactions with the scenery makes me so happy. Love, Aunt Megan