Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Perfect Timing

It has been exactly one week since Rose last napped, and let me say in the most sarcastic manner possible, "perfect timing." We are packing up, preparing to sublease our apartment, preparing to fly to CA and then move to France, trying to finish finals, etc. There are a ton of loose ends to tie up before we leave. I also took on a little translation job a couple of days ago that I just finished, but that was just another thing to add to the plate. So, once again, I am complaining (seems to be a common theme lately; sorry). I'm concerned about getting all this stuff done, but I'm also concerned about the amount of sleep Rose is getting. Now that she's not napping, she's only sleeping about 10.5 hours a day. I don't know...is that normal? It's certainly a step down from what she used to give me. And of course, as I mentioned earlier, Simon's not sleeping well. All I want for Christmas is like 5 straight hours of sleep--no, let me be greedy here--6 hours. Please, Santa?

3 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

Oh, Chrissie! I hope you get some good sleep over the holidays. It is so tough to be sleep-deprived.

I guess all kids are different. My niece stopped taking naps at 2. I think they say that 1 to 3 year-olds need about 12-14 hrs in a 24 hour period.

But also, I think kids go through phases and Rose probably feels all the excitement and change coming her way! Good luck!

Robin N said...

If it makes you feel any better, you and your own sisters were never great nappers...as I recall, Paige was the "worst" in that regard. She may have even stopped napping before Rose's age. If you want your kids to nap, can you load them up on some tryptophan?? ;) We'll definitely help you catch up on your sleep in the coming weeks, Chris. Not to worry!

Swati said...

Warm milk?