Monday, February 22, 2010

French Babies are Lucky

Not only are their clothes so cute, but they get to eat chocolate rice cereal. Yeah, I ran out of rice cereal for Simon and found that they sell chocolate cereal for babies here. Too bad for Simon--I didn't get him any. They also let their babies eat milk products earlier here. You know how they tell you not to give your kids milk until they're one year old? Well I saw some little cream cheese things for 6-month-olds. Guess "scientific" medical advice is kind of relative. Makes me not feel so bad that Rose gave Simon some ice cream when he was younger. ;)

2 comments:

Robin N said...

Even though I positively can't live without chocolate in my diet, I think the chocolate rice cereal is going a little too far! I've been meaning to ask you all this time if French kids/teenagers openly drink wine? Maybe it's completely inaccurate, but when I was a kid I remember often hearing how children in France drank wine all the time in restaurants and at home. Do you know the minimum drinking age there?

Kathleen said...

Poor, deprived Simon! No, just kidding. Just because chocolate rice cereal is available doesn't mean he needs to try it. But those servings of cream cheese for babies sound delicious. We started feeding Symphany organic yogurt maybe at 9 months of age. I didn't stress about it, and she still loves it. You're right about conflicting info on raising/feeding children. That's cool to consider all the differences there might be from culture to culture. Food for thought...