Her attention span is also lengthening, because she'll sit still for some DVDs. We checked out a princess sing-along at the library, and she watches it all the time. There's a song in it from Cinderella 2, and one of the lines is "mmm-aahh--ooh la la." As I was in the other room, I heard Rose sing that right on cue.
Rose is also a big fan of play-doh, and her hobby has given me the opportunity to see her imagination at work. Today she made a wide variety of creatures and objects: dolphins, clouds, a baby bird and birdhouse, a daddy snake named Sevak who later turned into a "turd." Okay, just FYI: I used that word once in conjunction with potty training, and it magically became a part of Rose's vocabulary. Seriously--one day she said it, and I was like, "what?" She had to repeat it a couple of times before I finally realized what it was and where she heard it. She always uses it very matter-of-factly, which makes me have to stifle laughter.
As for Simon's developments, he is just about as wiggly as ever. He pushes himself into downward-facing dog, but he still hasn't started crawling! Today he even pushed himself onto his feet by using my aerobics step. He can get places by rolling or scooting backwards, but he can't control it very well so he gets frustrated. I know that as soon as he starts crawling he is going to be very, very fast. Today he was playing on the playground with Rose and she was really getting him excited and causing him to quickly push himself around. It was a riot. Oh, and he is extremely wiggly in the tub. He's constantly getting on his tummy, rolling, reaching for things, etc. I have to have my hands on him at all times.
To conclude, here are some pictures of the kids that I swiped from my sister Paige's facebook account:
6 comments:
Those are positively precious pictures, Chrissie! Thank you for copying them from Paige's FB. First time I've seen them since I am not one of her FB friends. (a-hem) I love them all but I think my favorite pic is of Rose crying at the Marriott Center. That's way too funny about Rose's "turd" word!! You made my night with that one!
I want to hear Rose say turd! If you get that on tape, you get $10.
Your little one's look so sweet, and the whole "turd" thing is adorable. It's good to know that Rose is continuing in her mother's tradition of singing Disney tunes. :) Congratulations to Sevak on his MBA and congratulations to you on your French Master's!!!
I read this again and just remembered Rose's cripple scoot and how that used to make me laugh so hard! Wow. It seems like she was cripple scooting just yesterday.
Wonderful, detailed updates on your kids! And I love each one of those pictures. Simon really is all smiles when the camera comes out, just like you said. Rose is so beautiful! Even with tear-stained cheeks, she's a doll. And her happy self really shows in the one of her upside down on the couch. Cute!
Haha...I loved some of Simon's facial expressions here. What a cute boy he is!!!
Post a Comment