For those who are wondering what "siddy" means, it's the way Rose says "silly." It's one of her favorite adjectives. Here are some other Rose-isms overheard lately. Can you guess what they mean? Answers follow.
(1) "Simon! Go yie-bee! Be fun!"
(2) "Nay hose Wose's tummy"
(3) "Wose yuv Mommy yuv Daddy yuv Simon"
(4) "I-o wah(n) go wobiks"
(5) "Simon pullin Wose's heh"
(1) Simon! Go library! Be fun!
Translation: Simon! We're going to the library! It'll be fun! (Simon was fussing in his carseat)
(2) Neigh horse Rose's tummy
Translation: This horse (which says "neigh") is inside my shirt! Hilarious!
(3) Rose love Mommy love Daddy love Simon
Translation: I love Mommy, Daddy, and Simon
(4) I don't wanna go aerobics
Translation: Please don't take me to that place where you jump up and down and do ridiculous dance moves. (Incidentally, Rose has been known to get on all fours, kick one leg vigorously, and exclaim, "Ex-a-cise! Ex-a-cise!" She also does "juppin jacks.")
(5) Simon pullin' Rose's hair
Translation: Pretty self explanatory
So she's pretty much a chatterbox lately. Oh, and something really sweet--the other day we asked if Rose wanted to say the prayer at dinner. It had been a while since we asked, since she usually refuses or remains silent as we prompt her with things to say. Well, this time she agreed, and she actually began the prayer on her own, saying, "Dear Heavenly Father..." She then repeated our promptings pretty articulately. Sevak and I just looked at each other, amazed. So special.
Even though Rose can be a chatterbox at home, she's going through a weird scared phase lately. One time she was kind of running ahead in a parking lot, so we told her to hold our hand so she wouldn't get hit by a car. Now whenever we exit our apartment, she will not go up the stairs onto our little road because she thinks a car will hit her. This isn't a real road, either--it's an emergency fire lane. She also gets scared at movie scenes with any remotely scary elements (keep in mind, everything she watches is "G"). She'll tell me, "Sceh-y, Mommy. Tuhn it off. Yike this." (Translation: Scary, Mommy. Turn it off. [I don't] like this.) Yesterday both kids had a doctor's appointment and you can probably imagine how well Rose fared. She didn't even get any shots!
Simon, on the other hand, was quite a good boy, even though he got four shots. We found out he's slightly anemic so we need to give him iron supplements. Both kids are also apparently slightly larger than average, which came as a huge shock considering their gene pool.
Simon is still doing his little arm crawl thing, but he's getting better at using his legs. His favorite hobby is closing doors--he'll rush to the door as soon as I put him on the floor. The following video is a couple of weeks old, but it shows him doing it. And yes, Rose is saying "I wanna go poopy" in the background (she often cries wolf).
"Siddy" Simon!
4 comments:
Dang your kids are so cute! Look at him go! My sister used to scoot around the exact same way. Rose's little scoot was pretty funny too :)
What a GREAT "door closer"! Love it and all the commentary, of course!! Thanks, Chris.
Love the Rose-isms. What a cutie! My kids did the "scary thing" too. At a certain age they started being scared of shows they never had a problem with before. I think maybe they just didn't get it before, weren't as aware as they are now.
That's great the kids are so big--not that being short is bad but I always wanted to be taller:)! I keep holding out hope for Eldon and Lilly but Lilly is like at 11% for height and Eldon wavers between 45-55%. It's funny though because they were big babies! 8lbs4oz.
I loved your translations of Rose talking. So funny.
Post a Comment