Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Playtime

Yesterday I got out this pop-up school bus and I think it was the first time Simon had really seen it or understood its potential for playtime fun. As soon as I put him inside, he was speedily crawling from end to end, laughing and enjoying his new little "hut." After a lot of laughs, I brought it out to the living room and took a video. He is not nearly as enthusiastic as he was during his first time inside, but he's still having fun.



Lately Rose has been initiating more games with Simon. For example, this morning she played "fetch" with him. Yes, she threw a ball around and repeatedly shouted, "Get the ball, Simon." At one point she literally started asking him to "fetch," and like a good doggie, he complied.

Rose also likes to report things to her brother. Example:

Rose: [walking up to Simon] "This is my princess pull-up, Simon. It's pretty."
Simon: [thinking to self] Hmmm....good to know.

Here are some other pictures of us having fun in the "spring run-off" at Rock Canyon Park:


2 comments:

Robin N said...

Hey Chris, did you happen to post a video of Simon in the "school bus" tent? I couldn't see it. Love those pictures of you girls in the stream. Cute!

Chrissie said...

Yes, I did post a video of him in it. That's weird that it didn't show up for you!