Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We recently got back from visiting our family in SoCal, and it has been a delightful Thanksgiving!

We drove down Wednesday and I went to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert with my family that night. It was at the Honda Center, so we had to drive to Anaheim. The concert was spectacular, but I also just really enjoyed being with my family. The late night was worth it (the concert itself began when I typically get ready for bed). Here's a little snippet of the awesome pyrotechnics:


Some slightly inebriated man offered to take our picture:


The next day we arose slightly early to prepare for our Thanksgiving feast.  Here are some pics:

Aunt Paige and Rose made this special Thanksgiving poster

Rose also helped Aunt Paige make crescent rolls.  She did a cute job of rolling them with her little knuckles.  As this picture also illustrates, Rose knows how to make a "funny face."

Megan with our cute cousins who are growing up so fast!

Daddy getting ready to spear the turkey.

I have countless other Thanksgiving pics, but in the interest of time and space, here is one which illustrates my absolute favorite moment from Thanksgiving:


I only regret not grabbing my camera early enough to catch the flames and the panic that ensued
from my dear mom.  That would have been a great youtube video.  I also regret not getting a shot of the paparazzi that rushed over after Sevak shouted, "somebody film this!"  Haha...sorry for making light of a scary incident, Mom.

So Thanksgiving was delicious--even the sweet potato casserole was scrumptious after it had been scraped of marshmallow carbon.  Above all, though, it was a great time to reflect on that for which we are grateful.  We had a little discussion/testimony meeting after dinner and it was very heartwarming.

On Black Friday Sevak woke up early to do a little shopping.  Later, our little family went to the mall together, and I'm still kind of asking myself why in the heck we would do such a thing.  It resulted in stopping at Jamba Juice, though, and Rose was sure thrilled about that.

I thought these little tiny cups were so cute, until Simon spilled half of their contents on his clothes and car seat.

We visited Grandma Ellery afterward and had a fun time with her.  Rose and Simon enjoyed picking lemons from her lemon tree. 

And I don't really remember when this occurred, but I had to throw it in because, well, it's so gosh-darn cute!:


I love my family!

2 comments:

Robin N said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....good times! Love all the photos...every single one of them. Man, I'm so happy you got that video of the concert, too. Good job, Chrissie Dear.

Kathleen said...

It must be so fun to be a part of the Nelson family! That's great you were all able to be together for Thanksgiving and that you did so many fun things and made wonderful memories together. It's a relief the flaming marshmallows didn't set the whole oven on fire or do anything more than provide a momentary scare and huge laughs. By the way, orange is a gorgeous color on you, Chrissie. And I love Simon's haircut.