Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Catch-All

Here is a variety of photos from the past couple of weeks.

First of all, some happy-looking pics involving the lollipops from the Livery event (see previous post):



This goofy boy totally cracked me up one day by running around the house with a box on his head:


The other day we thought Rose's little friend might be coming over, and he's a big fan of sports and balls, so Rose put on her "football outfit" (which is actually Simon's basketball outfit):

She was actually throwing and catching balls like a real pro.  She even asked if she could play football when she grows up!

I'm gonna brag here and tell you that I totally fixed our DVD player.  The barrette and staples in the lower left-hand corner of this photo are just 1/6 of the amount of things I found hidden within (the most bizarre of which was a small plastic horse), but the real problem was a rubber band that had come off a particular gear:


We went to the Lafayette Reservoir with my family and Sevak's parents:



Later that day we had a BBQ and made s'mores.  Big hit with the kids:


Ummm...yeah...don't mind the fact that Simon is wearing his sister's pink jacket (or that he threw a big fuss when I tried to get him to wear something else)

Ofik's shakhmat (chess) cake:

2 comments:

Swati said...

The only part of this post I caught was that Rose wants to play football when she grows up. As a huge football fan, I couldn't be prouder or more supportive. The way I see it, with her lean physique and energy she'd make a great quarterback. But if she wants to be on the defense, she's going to have to start swallowing raw eggs and eating protein bars pretty soon.

Robin N said...

Ofik's cake looks divine! That is so unique, too. Maybe she should be working in a bakery? ;) Love all the photos!