Rose had just offended Simon:
Me: Rose, why won't you say sorry to Simon?
Rose: My sorries are all gone.
We were playing at the playground and Rose was gathering pine needles for a "nest:"
Rose: Mmmm...it smells like Rose Ella!
[This made me laugh because she knows that there is an herb that shares its name with some variation of her "formal" name (Rosemary). Funny thing is, I've always thought that rosemary has a piney smell!]
Also at the playground:
Rose: Mom, some water just dripped on my arm. Maybe it's startin' rainin'.
Me: Hmmm...I don't know what that could have been.
Rose: Maybe it was some bird spit.
Looking at the Primary Songbook (from church):
Rose: Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, Jesus went under the moon.
Playing "Who Am I?:"
Rose: Is it me? (this was the first question)
Me: No
Rose: What's her name? (this was the second question)
Playing with a "monster" made from playdoh:
Rose (in a "monster" voice): I'm eating chemicals; a lot, a lot, a lot
[I guess I've warned her so often about chemicals that she now thinks of them as "monstrous"]
Rose had just been talking to a boy a couple of years older at the playground:
Rose: Mom, how old is me?
Simon said, "yeah:"
Rose: Simon's learning English!
We had just seen some fish:
Rose: I don't like to eat the face
7 comments:
Rose is so adorable! :)
Love them!!!!
I think Rose Ella smells piney too! Me is 26 years old. Love the funny kids!
Oh my gosh....did reading this ever make my day! I especially liked the first one...."I'm all out of 'sorries'"!
So clever and adorable! These quotes offer a lot into her view of the world, and I love her!
So cute Chrissie!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :)
Post a Comment