Friday, September 16, 2011

Party Time

Lately we've had plenty of opportunities to party! Last Thursday the kids and I went to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus in Oakland with some friends. I had won some tickets, and Sevak forgot to pencil it in his calendar, so we got to take some buddies along. :) I'm sure it would have been great if Sevak had come, but going with my friend Kristina (and Rose and Simon's friend Andrew) made the whole circus experience incredibly awesome!  There was so much excitement in the air as we walked to the coliseum:


The show was spectacular.  Andrew got his fill of some of his faves: fire/balls/bowling pins, and Rose got her fill of ANIMALS!  Simon liked all of the above.


Of course, we also had some yummy circus treats, namely:


I also treated myself to some nachos, which I was really craving. :)

So that was a totally awesome experience.  That very same weekend we got to have even more fun in Tiburon at a friend's birthday party.  His grandparents own a beautiful--and I mean BEAUTIFUL--beach home there, so it was great for Sevak and I, as well. :)  They even rented out a taco truck so we got to dine on fine Mexican cuisine. :)

 
In the backyard (some backyard, huh?)

Simon really liked the pinata--especially the fun trinkets that came out of it.

After the party, we took a ferry to Angel Island with some friends.  From 1910 to 1940, the island served as a  processing place for hundreds of thousands of immigrants--the majority from China.  We had very little time to explore (especially with four children in tow), but it was a beautiful place to be and the journey to and from was very enjoyable. :)  Wish I had some pics, but oh well.

So that was our fun weekend.  Wonder what this weekend has in store?  Probably something a little more low-key, which I am fine with. :)

No comments: