Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kid Stuff

I'll make the same comment that I make at the beginning of every post of this nature: I just can't keep up with the kids' astounding quotes, but here are a few that I remember.

We were walking on the sidewalk and passed some men that were smoking.  Very shortly after we walked by, Rose said that it smelled yucky. I explained that some men were smoking, to which she replied, "Those men are yucky...those men are trash." What?! I don't think she's ever heard anyone call anyone else "trash" before, but the term obviously has a negative connotation, so she figured she'd use it. Sevak and I kind of laughed, so now she likes to call all smoking people "trash." I always have to explain that just because someone smokes, s/he is not a bad person.

The other day the kids and I were talking about what the kids want to be when they grow up.  Rose wants to be a cat trainer and Simon wants to be a ghost.

There were some small rosemary trees outside of Trader Joe's. I pointed to a tree and explained to Rose that it shared her name: Rosemary. Simon pointed to the one next to it and asked, "this one name Simon, Mommy?"

Nowadays Simon often says, "I not baby; I big boy." When I called him "Little Buddy" recently, he reiterated that he was not "Little Buddy," he was "Big Buddy." A couple of days ago I went to fetch him from a room and accidentally referred to him as Little Buddy, but told Rose I made a mistake.  She said, "but I still like calling him Little Buddy because he's so cute."

I don't know if I dare mention an actual quote that Rose said recently, but it has to do with the potty. She has recently started going #2 with no parental assistance so I have to make sure she handles everything properly. There's the hand washing that I remind her of, of course, but other items on the checklist include wiping fully and flushing afterward. Recently I was unaware that she was even in the bathroom, but thankfully she gave me a full report afterward, part of which was that she "wiped deep."

1 comment:

Swati said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OH MAN. This was awesome. Can I confide!!?? I REMEMBER one time I gave my mom an update after an independent #2, and she gave me a huge hug afterward! TMI, I know, but it's a good memory I have from when I was Rose's age. It must have been so important to me to have shared that information with my mom all by myself.

This brought back funny memories. Keep it coming!