Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby Shower for Jasmine

This past Thursday some of my friends threw me the sweetest baby shower. Most people don't get showers after the first baby, so I felt very loved (and Jasmine did, too--after all, every baby is very special)! The theme was "pamper the new mom/eat chocolate." Ummm...could there be anything better? I think not.

These were some of the yummy treats:  

I'm pretty sure I consumed the most out of any woman there, but it's all good.

Adorable chocolate-filled "cake slices" that Cara created

There was a cute nail-painting station behind the yummies. My friend Kristina purchased a bottle of polish that she thought would look good on me, and what do you know--I totally chose it without her even telling me! She is so sweet like that. Unfortunately, there's no picture of my lovely nails, but here's a special pic of me receiving a head massage:

I'm a little obsessed with this tool now. I find it in random places in the house, and every time I see it I just have to rub it over my head a few times. 

There was also a sugar scrub-making station. Here is the lovely Cara demonstrating how it's done:

Kristina made a big batch of lavender-scented scrub, but she had other essential oils to choose from...jasmine, included! :)

After all the food and fun I opened up the gifts. The group gift was a beautiful Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. We all joked that I could finally put my reusable grocery bag to rest. ;)


Jasmine also received many beautiful outfits and books. My favorite book was probably Bonsoir, Lune. My friend Kathy picked it up in Paris. :)

Here's a group pic of all my buddies:

Note that Kristina is holding a sleeping Jasmine. My friend Cara was another hostess, and she's holding dear Heddy's baby, Drew. 

Sweet Heddy took that last picture, so I just have to include another shot with her in it, because I love her and she hosted us all in her beautiful home!

 Heddy's holding her baby in the bottom right

And finally, here's Jasmine with her little boyfriend, Drew:


She and I were truly pampered that night. I am so grateful to have such kind and generous friends!

1 comment:

Swati said...

Chrissie you look so radiant and beautiful. There is something about you post-baby #3. Like an aura of peace and happiness. It's truly beautiful and I'm so happy for you. I love reading about these happy happy times.

:)