Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Little Stinger

This summer Rose has been taking swim lessons at our clubhouse pool. Our association's team is the Stingrays, and Rose's group is called the "Little Stingers." Yesterday was our last home meet and the first opportunity the Little Stingers got to "race." At the beginning of this week I didn't even think we'd go because Rose had regressed and shown a lot of fear at swim lessons, but she started to lighten up the morning of the meet so I decided we'd do it. I could tell she was a little apprehensive, but I was so proud of her because she wasn't clingy or anything. There was one instructor in each lane and all of the kids in Rose's heat held on to the instructor as they did their 25 yards. It was very cute to watch. I saw Rose off at the diving block (she didn't want to jump off it, so she just climbed in from the edge of the pool), and then Simon and I quickly walked to the other side of the pool to meet her at the end. She got a "participant" ribbon upon exiting the pool, and according to her, she "winned." She's a winner in my book!

 Waiting for the race to start

This picture doesn't show, but she was kind of getting into it at the end. From the look on her face, I know she sensed that there was some urgency to get to the other side. She was sticking her head in the water and using one of her arms to paddle.

A snow cone reward at the end.

No comments: