If you know me, you know that I am not an impulsive shopper. If I don't need something, I won't buy it...sometimes to the point of ridiculousness. I can't remember the last time I bought myself an article of clothing. I haven't bought Ziploc bags in a really long time because I've just been saving our bread bags and using those to wrap things. I don't buy shampoo because I have so many samples of the stuff that I'm currently trying to get through. Anyway, I'll stop talking about my frugality so as not to further embarrass myself. So today I was at the mall (getting the kids some free books from Pottery Barn Kids for having completed their Summer Reading Program), and a lady told me that The Children's Place was having a sale on baby swim suits for $3.99. Jasmine already has a swim suit, and frankly, I don't even see the need for buying a suit when they're this young. Last summer Simon just wore a swim diaper as his suit. However, Rose has been asking for a suit like mine--with a bottom and a top--so I decided to take a look just for kicks. I did indeed find a tankini for $3.99, and I found a matching one in Jasmine's size. It suddenly dawned on me that it would be unbelievably cute to start dressing my girls in matching outfits. I caved in.
Jasmine's suit is 6-9 months, but it's almost too small! I want to eat this little chub chub all up.
I'm dying
Again, I'm dying.
With my water baby
Here are my other little fishies:
Rose is so fearless in the shallow end! She loves showing me her "fancy tricks," and she loved wearing her "hankie" (tankini) today. While she was putting it on, she told me that she really wanted me to go in, but I said I didn't want to. She was a little disappointed, but then said, "Okay...that way you won't interrupt my swim lesson." She explained that she practices on her own the things that she learns in swim lessons. While she was doing some of her fancy tricks, I told her about synchronized swimming and then showed her some YouTube clips at home. I think she was very inspired. :)
Little buddy is doing great in the water, too. He doesn't like to put his head in, but he walks around in the shallow water and travels along the wall by holding on to it. His "tricks" are quite a bit less flashy than Rose's, but I get a kick out of watching him.


6 comments:
I just wanna squeeze the pudding out of those kiddies! I'm absolutely loving their "hankies", I'm proud of you Chrissie for fighting frugality on that purchase ;) Can't wait to see you all!
Uh, this is just so unbelievably cute I'm gonna pee my pants. I can't stand the chubby cuteness, it's killin' me right now.
Welcome to the dark side with shopping Chrissie. I'm going to throw my head back in a witch cackle if this becomes an obsession. Muahaha. I can't believe you don't shop for yourself. What's the last thing you bought for yourself at the mall?? Undies don't count.
Anyway, I'm super embarrassed by this also because I'm not sure I know how to swim...can Rose teach me???
Way, way, WAY too cute!!! I'm so glad you broke down and bought those matching suits. I'll be looking forward to seeing future matching "sister outfits" now! ;) So proud of Rose's prowess in the water. Here's "Nervous Nellie Grandma" speaking now....I hope she doesn't jump into water that's too shallow 'cause that could be pretty dangerous. BTW, I can totally see Rose doing synchronized swimming. Make sure she watches that during the Olympics!
Awww, I'm dying too!! :)
Haha, Swati--I'm sure Rose would be much obliged to teach you some of her moves. And the last thing I bought for myself? Well, I did "buy" some shoes at Old Navy shortly before Jasmine was born, but I was just trying to use some store credit I received for returning a baby outfit that was going to be too small for Jasmine come Winter. I wore the shoes once and that's all! I think that's why I don't buy stuff--I'm afraid I won't actually use them. I just rotate through the same tried and true outfits anyway.
And Mom, Rose doesn't jump in water that's too shallow, so have no fear. I keep an eagle eye on her. I even ran to her once, thinking she was drowning, and ended up falling into the pool (with clothes on). She wasn't even having a problem; she was just trying to float on her back. She was "berry embarrassed." So don't worry...when it comes to monitoring safety, I always overreact.
Jasmine looks like you with brown eyes, Chrissie. I'm impressed with your frugality and their swim suits.
Post a Comment