Friday, August 10, 2012

Quote Time + Jasmine's Four Month Stats

The kids are constantly saying cute or funny things, and every so often I manage to write them down. Once I have a fair amount recorded, I dump 'em on the blog. It's that time again.

On the 4th of July we tried out our single jogging stroller on a family run. You can connect an iPod to it, so we blasted the tunes while we ran. Afterward, I asked Rose if she liked that experience and she said, "I like the music because I like to think about things when the music is on. I think about things at night-night too, when it's quiet." I thought this was rather profound. She has remarked to me before that she likes to think about things.

I told Simon to eat his corn cob over the plate so it wouldn't fall on his lap. He continued to eat over his lap, saying, "I eating it this way because maybe it won't spill."

Simon uses the word "stinkin'" way too much when he's angry. He also uses it as a noun (e.g. "Put on my shoes, stinkin'!"). Guess who's the stinkin' mom that apparently also uses this word way too much?

Rose saw a juke box at Costco: "There's a jack-in-the-box!"

Jasmine was fussing a little in her car seat while I was preparing something in the kitchen. I asked if she wanted to play with her brother and sister, and Simon excitedly ran into the kitchen. Then he ran back into the living room and shouted, "Rose, Jasmine's comin' into this area!"

Rose and Simon were eating some toast in the kitchen and Simon was chewing with his mouth open. Rose told him to close his mouth, but he wouldn't change his ways. She therefore hit him, and when asked why she did what she did, responded, "because he didn't have polite table manners." Oh, and that was polite?

Last night we were having FHE (Family Home Evening) and Simon requested to sing the song, Once There Was a Snowman. This is a song in which you stand up like a tall, tall snowman, and then melt like a snowman in the sun. We all just made "tall arms" when we got to the part about the snowman standing tall, but Simon interrupted us and said, "No! People have to stand!" So stand we did.

Simon continues to be a tattle-tale. Also, when Rose is doing something naughty and I call her out on it, Simon will smile and sweetly say, "I love you." I swear he also almost bats his eyelashes. It's like he's reminding me that he's being good, and really rubbing it in Rose's face.

Jasmine's Four Month Stats 
(Or should I say "4 monthes," which was written by the nurse. Come on, people! If you can't spell the plural form of "month" correctly, I don't really trust you giving my child shots.)

Weight: 16.8 pounds (96%) Okay, here's another thing: the nurse wrote 16.0 pounds in my baby book, even though she said 16.8 (and I saw it with my own eyes on the scale). I don't know if the 96th percentile is according to her actual weight or the incorrect one. If that's the percentile for a 16-pounder, then we might have an off-the-charts child.

Length: 24.6" (65%)

Head Circumference: 16.93" (93%)

I really need to look through my other kids' measurements to compare, but I know Jasmine is our biggest baby. According to the doctor, though, it's a lot of muscle. :) He said she's very strong. Don't I know it! That's one thing that I remember very clearly from the baby blessing Sevak gave to Jasmine: he dwelt a lot on physical strength and health, and being able to use her body to its fullest. I can't wait to see what this kid can do!

4 comments:

Robin N said...

Chrissie,
Thank you soooo much for posting this. You know how much I love reading the little kiddies' quotes! They are all cracking me up! ;) especially Simon's tattle-telling!
I will have to take Rose's example to heart and "think" while I'm listening to music and when it's real quiet. Can a 4-year-old already be a philosopher?! ;)

Megan said...

I love this post!! xoxo

Paige said...

Well of course Jasmine's full of muscle...she was doing Zumba with her mommy before she was even born! ;)

Laura said...

Fun to read about your silly kids. I think 4 is my favorite stage because of the funny stuff Jackson says. I was impressed that Rose identified that she likes to think a lot. ;)