A few days ago at the playground I overheard a ten year-old yell to her playmate, "Pretend I'm fifteen and a mermaid!" Cracked me up. Imagine...FIFTEEN. I used to fantasize about being fifteen and wearing bras and using deodorant. Throw a sparkly fish tail in the mix and I think I would have died.
Why don't kids ever yell, "Hey, pretend I'm 27 and a stay-at-home-mom!"? I mean, my life is pretty dreamy. I get to wear bras and deodorant, I get to drive, I get to hold a cute baby all day. I can eat chocolate whenever I want. I mean, come on!
Tangent.
Anyway, here are some more cute quotes from the minds of my cute kids!
Simon started wiping his messy hands on my shirt and then asked, "Is it okay if I wipe my hands on your shirt?" At least he asked.
I told Rose she couldn't have chocolate chips, so instead she asked for a big bowl of basturma (Armenian spiced/dried meat). Makes sense...when I'm wanting sugar, my craving can easily be satisfied by some salty pieces of beef.
We were at the mall and there was some smooth jazz playing through the speaker system. Rose heard it and said, "Elmo music!" At first I was like, "whaaaat?" But then I noticed that it was saxophone music. Just like the Sesame Street theme song. And you know those three descending notes that occur when "sunny days" and "clouds away" are sung? That is totally what the music sounded like. So funny.
Sevak was talking me up to the kids, that nice husband. He asked, "isn't Mommy magical?" Rose paused for a second and said matter-of-factly: "flying unicorns are magical." (And, I would add, 15 year-old mermaids)
Simon is awesome on his bike these days; I dare say he's even faster than Rose. However, when he first got the thing he had some trouble getting the hang of it. One day when we were practicing he couldn't quite get moving and said, "maybe I'm running out of batteries." Oh, these tech-age kids.
Speaking of bikes, one day we were riding them in the cultural hall of our church (a big basketball court). Rose made an astute observation: "When we talk it makes noise in the distance." I told her that that was an echo.
Another smart-ish utterance from Rose: She held up three fingers and said, "I want the same amount of quesadillas as fingers."
One day Simon volunteered to get Rose something from her play kitchen. As he walked away he said, "but don't
bite me or anything" (Rose is usually very protective of her kitchen).
We got a pineapple and five jars of baby food at the store. Simon asked, "How come we only got one people food?" (Babies aren't people)
Can't remember the context, but one day Rose threatened to bite off Simon's bummy.
When Simon helped me make pancakes he said, "I'm a little baker man!"
4 comments:
I'M A LITTLE BAKER MAN HAHAHAHAAHA.
Where's my video of Jasmine????
Also FYI - You're the only one who LIKES wearing bras. I remember you also wanted glasses when we were in middle school and told me you were jealous of me. You can trust me when I say this: you're one of a kind.
Awww, this post makes me so happy!! (Also: I love Swati's comment below. Haha!)
Remember when Megan would borrow our textbooks to independently learn material and take notes..at the age of like 11? What a nerd!
HAHAHA your kids sure are witty and clever like their momma :) Not gonna lie, this post made me laugh out loud a bit uncontrollably. Slightly awkward when you're sitting in a quiet library..
Post a Comment