Friday, November 30, 2012

So Thankful

My Picasa album is officially full; I am therefore importing photos into my blog from a Picasa album I created with another Google account. It's much more time consuming, but I'm a cheapo and don't want to purchase extra space. Formatting may be weird, so bear with me. Anyway.....THANKSGIVING!

We had so much fun spending time with our family down in SoCal. One of the first things we did was visit the Wildlife Learning Center in Sylmar. My parents have lived in the San Fernando Valley for years, and somehow none of us seemed to know that this mini zoo existed until recently. It was fun for the kids, especially since there was a parrot at the entrance who greeted us with a "hello" (you can imagine how thrilled Rose was). BTW, I mentioned this on Facebook, but within the past month or so we've seen two parrots just chillin' with their owners out in public. There was a woman at Sprouts who had a cockatoo on her shoulder and a guy near Trader Joe's with a macaw. What the heck? Rose was pretty much speechless.


Another interesting thing about this Wildlife Learning Center: it was surrounded by olive trees. Olives were EVERYWHERE. I don't even think I had seen an olive tree before. I wanted to partake, but was informed that olives are basically inedible until cured. Silly me.


Then we went to this tortilleria that my foodie dad raved about. It was indeed yummy:


Closer shot of the yumminess:


P.S. That handsome young man in the first pic is Jeff, Megan's new FIANCE!


Yes, he proposed! Not at the tortilleria, even though that would have been awesome and romantic. One night they went on a date and stopped at the L.A. temple...that's where the proposal took place.

So that was another highlight of Thanksgiving: meeting Jeff and learning that he will soon become a part of our family.

Now here are some images from Thanksgiving Day:


Grandpa Craig making his traditional clam dip

I got the drumstick!

Jasmine and Grandma Ellery couldn't keep their eyes off each other.
Aunt Ana has the magic touch for getting babies to sleep.

Simon jammed on Grandpa's keyboard.

On Friday we went to Santa Monica pier.



Instead of riding on the legit carousel, the kids chose to ride this mini coin-operated thing. My wallet was okay with that:


Sevak even snuck in a little go-around before some man pointed to the "For Kids Only" sign:



Okay, I'm tired of trying to get fonts and font sizes to display properly, so here are some more beachy pics without captions:



And here's Jasmine eating some lahmajun. A true Armenian:


P.S. She is starting to get her two top teeth, and she is crawling, army style. She also pulled herself up to a standing position on the couch! BIG GIRL.

Here's a shot of Rose trimming the tree:

At the end there was a preponderance of ornaments and garland on the bottom of the tree. Precious.

IKEA:
Rose and Simon got to go to "Smaland," the babysitting area. Sevak and I took advantage of that by doing a little Christmas shopping. Then we had meatballs at the restaurant. Good times.


Some family shots:


Paige was there in spirit, as evidenced by her hovering head.
We also saw my soul sister Swati, who came up for a visit. Why oh why did we not take a picture, Swati?? 

Anyway, it was just a grand time. I'm so thankful for friends and family, and so grateful that we get to make these memories. 

5 comments:

Robin N said...

First of all, I love the new moniker for Swati....soul sister...truly appropriate...and yes, where oh where were the cameras that day to document the Singh-Sandhu-Nelson-Tsaturyan reunion? I could kick myself!

Second of all, I love the "apparation" of Paige photo-shopped into our family pic..thanks to your dad's sweet skills!

Thirdly, I always love your commentary behind the photos, Chrissie. You actually make me laugh out loud.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations to Megan and Jeff! Often it seems that the right people just look like they go together, and that is certainly the case with them. Gorgeous couple!

I'm glad Thanksgiving was so full of great times and memory-making events. Those pictures at the beach didn't need any captions per se--your children's cuteness speaks for itself. And I can't believe how fast Jasmine is learning and growing. She's a beauty!

Swati said...

OMG. I HATE MYSELF. Why didn't we take pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have smart phones too!!!! We stink!!!!!

I'm going to blame the all on Jaikarn, the innocent and usually silent bystander. The women had nothing to do with this colossal mistake.

Thanks for the title "soul sister." We're all definitely tied through the soul. I think we need to start calling ourselves the Sisterhood of the Traveling Polo Shirt or something like that.

I also love the very elegant and vintage family picture featuring the floating Page head. Everyone looks so beautiful in this picture, especially my favorite beautiful bride to be, Megar.

Love you guys!!!!

Kristina said...

Love your post. What fun pictures

Also, you can go into picasa to reduce the resolution size of your photos and then they won't take up as much space and you won't have to pay for storage... at least according to some pro bloggers I know.

Megan said...

Thanks, Kathleen and Swati for your sweet comments :) What a wonderful, memorable Thanksgiving. I love you, sis!!!!