Rose: I have chicken bumps...I have duck dots!
Me: Do you mean goosebumps?
Rose: I achoo-ed wetness onto my hand.
Simon: Fill that water bottle because I am going to drink a big amount!
("A big amount?" Ahaha...Simon)
We were at Forest Home Farms in San Ramon for a little Valentine's Day activity and to watch a sheepherding demo. I kept pointing out "old-fashioned" things: tractors, hats in the gift shop, farm equipment, etc. As we were walking around, Simon and Rose started a pretend sword fight with sticks. Simon brandished his "sword" and exclaimed, "old-fashioned stick!"
I made some cinnamon rolls with the kids and Rose really enjoyed them. Later that day she was mad that I didn't let her watch TV, so she told me my cinnamon rolls were really yucky and she didn't like them. Ouch--she sure knows how to hurt a woman's ego!
We were feeding ducks at Blackhawk Plaza and Jasmine was sitting near the edge of the water (with my supervision, of course). Her little tootsies were dangling so deliciously in front of a duck so he decided to give them a nibble! He must have thought they were little worms. She didn't cry. Reminds me of the time a bird landed on her head in Grand Cayman and she just casually touched her head like, "huh...there's a bird on my head."
Rose asked what a juke was. I was like, "a juke box?" She said no. "Oh, a duke, like a royal guy?" Still no. Frustrated, she explained that a juke is a guy that bangs a hammer and is kind of like a president. She was talking about a judge...
Rose was telling her little friend a story about how a dog pooped in a bottle and it looked like hot chocolate so people drank it and died. (Great one, right?) Her buddy said his mom never talks about pee or poop, but Rose said, "My mom does and she always laughs at my jokes and goes, 'Oh Rose, your jokes are so funny.'" It kind of cracked me up that she was imitating me so I said "you're silly!" She turned to her friend and said, "See?"
A few weeks ago Simon started calling Jasmine his "little wife." LOL.
That's all for now, folks!
4 comments:
LOL! I'm so happy that my niece knows what a judge is, even if she's still learning the real name for it :)
Priceless stuff here....I'm so glad you're recording it in your blog. This is the "baby book" of the 21st century. Rose's cinnamon roll "critique" cracked me up....Simon's "little wife" comment, too!
Too funny. Was the little friend Ben? Haha.
Yes, Julie! LOL. You definitely use much cleaner language at your house. :)
Post a Comment