Just some little tidbits about Zinnia. She waves hello and goodbye (more like an open-and-close motion instead of a "wave"). She just started to say "sh," which means "shoe," which I think we can call her first legit word. I still can't say for sure that she's said a meaningful "Mama" or "Dada" yet...she's repeated us saying it, but she hasn't actually directed it to us or said it in a context that makes me think she was talking about Sevak or me. However, she has definitely gone over to a shoe, picked it up, and said "sh." Interesting priorities this girl has! She also just shook her head "yes" today. I asked her if she wanted cereal and she shook her head. :) It's so cute to see her turning into a little thinking-and-acting person!
She is 13 months old and has four teeth on top and four on bottom. Plus she's getting a molar or two on the top. She is still nursing, and she loves to just suck for comfort. Which means that she'll just mosey on over and try to lift up my shirt. Definitely a first-time phenomenon for me, because all the other kids stopped nursing before they had the smarts and/or motor skills to try to find the boobies.
Zinnia is able to walk, but she's still hesitant with it and prefers crawling. She'll usually walk a few steps and then get down to her knees. She can take her time; I don't mind. :)
The kids continue to be awesome and helpful with her. Last night Jasmine slept in the bed in her room. I also end up sleeping in that bed halfway through the night when Zinnia wakes up...she sleeps the first part of the night in her crib but then transfers with me to the bed where she nurses and stuff during the night. Anyway, I left the room before the girls woke, but when Zinnia did wake she didn't cry as she normally does but crawled over to Jasmine and touched her face and stuff. I think she was comforted that her big sis was sleeping with her.
So that's the latest on Zinnia! Sorry I don't have a baby book or cool scrapbook for you, Zinnia...I hope you accept my humble little blog posts every couple of months. Mommy's too busy taking care of you and your siblings to document your every move, so I guess you can just look at it as me loving you too much to spend any time apart from you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment