I just thought I’d update this thing, so as not to disappoint. Sevak is really liking his job at Merrill Lynch and is having a great time learning all there is to know about finance (I’m glad there’s someone in this marriage who finds it interesting). As for me…well, for the time being I’m enjoying the pleasures of being a SAHW (stay-at-home-wife). Yes, I’ve developed an intimate relationship with all of our household appliances and have really done a top-notch job of beautifying our home (by the way, some of the rooms now look different from the pictures I’ve posted [e.g. removal of Asian parasol from second bedroom, along with window treatment]).
Anyway, I’ve actually got more going on in my life than cooking and cleaning. I’m trying to get credentialed to be a French teacher, so I'm filling out applications, getting ready for some tests, etc. I have also been offered a position as a library page at the La Quinta Library, but I might hold out for something better/closer. I'm applying at some of the local Marriotts, since this place is Marriott central. Oh, and one other thing--I have a little side tutoring job. So you see, life is great.
Today Sevak and I created our own little ad hoc carwash out of a rubbermaid box, hand soap, and two wash cloths. We even vacuumed the inside of the car because we just bought an extension cord.
Well, I guess I better get going--Sevak just whipped up some chicken pita sandwiches and is calling me to "Sevak's Armenian restaurant" (in his forced Armenian accent). Hajogh!
No comments:
Post a Comment