I must admit that the pleasures of sitting around all day are beginning to wear off--I'm getting a little stir crazy (This is Chrissie speaking, by the way). The good news is that my dear friend Holly must have an excellent sense of perception, because yesterday she took me out for an afternoon on the town. We went to a huge furniture store where I got to drool over some beautiful things. We also went to Pier One, where I did some more drooling, and then to Tuesday Morning, which is a store not really made for drooling, but for laughing at the corniness of its items (e.g. barking dog golf club protectors). Okay, just kidding; there are some useful and fun things there.
Anyway, yesterday was fun and I will be forever appreciative to Holly for helping me in a time of need. By the way, Holly lives in my neighborhood, happens to be in the same ward I go to for church, AND serves with me in the Young Women's Program (an organization in our church for girls age 12-18). She is probably the best thing about Palm Desert, because she has really "taken me under her wing." I mean, the other day she even left a sheet of job listings on my door! She's so thoughtful. She and her husband Robb are also adopting two little boys from Haiti, who are the cutest kids ever. I'm particularly excited because I guess they understand a little French.
Today I've been entertaining myself with a huge pile of Martha Stewart Living Magazines. I also got out for a bit to run some errands, one of which was buying a nice ficus tree to put in our kitchen.
Well, I will sign off for now, to avoid putting too many of you to sleep. However, before I do, I will mention that I have an interview at a temp agency on Monday, so hopefully I'll have more exciting things to write about soon (like collating papers?...) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment