Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Brand New Car!

Yesterday Sevak decided to treat me to an early birthday present--a brand new car! It's a beautiful ice blue Mazda 3 which pretty much matches our other one, except that it's not a hatchback. It also has a sweet ipod hook-up so we can listen to our fave playlists in the car (I sound like I should be writing for a teen magazine--I mean, my lingo is so hip). Anyway, now we don't have to share a car, ending our need for extreme schedule coordination. I almost feel like this is too much of a luxury. See attached pics.

The reason for needing another car is actually due to my new job, which is also the reason why we're able to afford another car. My new job? Say hello to the new local "library associate!" I work at the reference desk, and I'm basically second in command of the branch (yet I still need to ask the bookshelvers questions). I must say, I really love the environment. Not only is it delightfully air conditioned (a necessity out here), my colleagues are some of the most interesting and intelligent people I've met. I particularly enjoy the branch that I trained at. The one I'm working at right now is quite a bit less busy, leaving me with more down time. I am also flying solo at the desk, so I kind of need to figure things out on my own. Oh well. I'm not complaining. At the end of the summer I will also being working as an adjunct faculty member at the local college, teaching an ESL course. That should be really interesting.

Enough about me, though! Let's talk about Sevak. Things are going really well for him. He just passed his Series 7 exam, which was the biggest hurdle he needed to get over on his pathway to financial advisory. He's now preparing for the next exam.

Let's see...what else is new with him? Well, since he's sitting right next to me I just asked, and all he said was, "I don't know...I'm cool." Sheesh...that is nothing new! ;) Oh, I know...he is one heck of a bargainer--he was able to get our car for a really good deal. I could tell the salesmen were a little bit frightened of his knowledge of Mazdas and leasing arrangments.

Well, I think we're going to hit the town and see what kind of July 4th festivities we can enjoy. I'll write more later (and judging by the frequency of my entries, "later" means a couple weeks or so).



8 comments:

Robin said...

Nice cars! I like the "his 'n her" look of them. I know who I want with me next time I'm "car shopping". . .Sevak!

Anne said...

Nice car! Now, how in the world is he going to live up to that gift next year? ;o)

We miss having you guys around, it just seems so weird to have the Hackings show up to an event without you! The temple was gorgeous, you can see photos on our blog!

Anne & Fam

Nar said...

Hi my dears.Nice car! Anpordzanq Chrissie jan.(say sevak to translate it for you).

BigDaddy said...

Wow, what a handsome looking couple with such hot looking cars! The young lady is gorgeous and looks like a professional automotive model. The young man's negotiating acumen is impressive indeed!

Laura said...

Whoaaa there...2 Mazdas...Impressive. Happy Birthday by the way, Chrissie! Hope it was fun.

Bethany said...

What a fun treat for your holiday. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures! Congratulations on your new job.

Nar said...

Sireli Sevak u Chrissie es sirum em dzez ev cankanum noranor hajoxutiunner ,anporzanq ertevekutiun dzer kaifot meqenanerin.
PAKA
LILIT OHANIAN (LILITIK)

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.