I seem to have an uncanny ability to make computers work. I certainly don't have any academic training (or even practical experience) in this field, but I do seem to possess some supernatural power over these technological monsters. Please consider the following two cases:
Case #1: Customer comes to desk complaining of inability to print. I ask, "Did you click on 'file'-'print' in the upper left-hand corner?" He says yes. I then follow him to computer, where he shows me how he clicked on 'file'-'print'. The procedure magically works this time, and he jokes about the mysterious nature of my presence.
Case #2: Customer cannot access a certain webpage. He calls over a member of the library staff and she, too, has difficulty accessing the page. She refers the customer to me. Since I know this particular staff member to be well-versed in computer mechanics, I am doubtful that I could be of help. Nevertheless, I go to the computer and type in the web address. Voila--access granted. Just a random fluke? I think not.
These are merely two examples of my supernatural ability, and believe me, there are more where those came from. I was thinking of marketing this "do-nothing" approach to troubleshooting, but I'm under the impression it only works for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment