le 25 novembre
Yesterday Sevak and I got back to Paris. We took the train in Bern and didn’t have any problems, thank heavens. The strike is over, so all of the metro lines are also working. Yesterday after we got in, we went to Sacré Coeur at Montmartre. It was really beautiful. The streets were kind of steep like those in San Francisco, and from there you could have a wonderful view of the city. The cathedral itself was also very beautiful. We went inside and they were having a mass. After the cathedral we bought a couple of souvenirs from some street shops and went to the Opera Garnier. There were some odd looking wooden constructions in front of the building (I think they might have been doing some renovations), so the view wasn’t spectacular, but oh well. The Galeries Lafayette were right nearby, so we went to those too. The Galeries are like top-of-the-line department stores. Everything was really expensive inside. We didn’t have a lot of time because they were closing, but we got a good enough feel for how they were.
Sacré Coeur
Today we went to church and I saw one of my old French students, so that was neat. She was on a study abroad, so I guess I didn’t scare her off from French! Then Sevak and I went to one of those little Greek/Turkish sandwich places (they’re all over the place!) and had some pretty good food. Next, we went to the Pompidou Center and used some of their free wireless Internet.
Some guy painting blindfolded near the Pompidou
A "Chicken Chika" sandwich (whatever that means...)
No comments:
Post a Comment