Saturday, December 1, 2007

Last Days in Europe

Unfortunately I didn't write any journal entries during our last days in Europe, but I'll try to recap for you what we did.

One of the things we did was go to the Magdalene, because it was on our list and we just had to check it off. Here are some pics:




We also went to Place de la Concorde, where we saw statues, a ferris wheel, and an Egyptian obelisk. Here's a picture of Sevak hanging out around there:



Incidentally, as we were walking around, we also bore witness to a photo shoot featuring a very oddly-dressed model:



Later, we took a boat cruise on the Seine and went to see France's statue of liberty (after all my years of French classes, I never knew this monument existed).





So anyway, that was pretty much the end of our trip! The bottom line is, Europe is all we could have hoped or asked for. When I was a little girl, I had a French vocabulary book and always told the missionaries I was going to France on a mission. However, I could never have imagined actually being there! Switzerland, of course, was the icing on the cake. It almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about this dream being fulfilled. Vive l'Europe!

3 comments:

Robin said...

What a thoroughly enjoyable description you gave of your vacation! I really got a good glimpse of what it was all about! Thanks. (Just like you'll never forget the building where you "got sick", I'll never forget the famous building in NYC 22 yrs ago where we surreptitiously changed your baby diaper!) ;) Mom

Laura said...

Chrissie- I loved looking at all these pictures. Looks like you had a great time!

Laura said...

Hey Chrissie...We are planning to go to Grandma and Grandpa's the day after Christmas. We're going to San Diego with Andy's family the Friday after Christmas so I wanted to go the day after. Are you going to be there?