Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Belated Christmas!

This Christmas post is one day late, but oh well. Yesterday was Sevak's and my first (and last) Christmas alone, so we spent the day savoring one another's company. In the morning, we awoke to find (surprise!) the exact same presents that were under the tree the night before! Sevak got me a very substantial gift card to a very nice retail establishment. I got Sevak some little knickknacks and something that's not "for him," per se. It's a shirt for our baby that says, "I 'heart' Dad"--I'm sure Sevak will still get some enjoyment out of that. Here are some pics:




After the gift-opening we feasted on a brunch casserole, which has been a family tradition ever since we met our good friends the Leipzigers in Pennsylvania (here's a 'shout out' to them).

Brunch Casserole:



Since I'm posting pictures of food, and since food is always a hot topic in my family (why else would I take pictures of it?), here are some other dishes I've made this holiday season:


Sarma--stuffed grape leaves


Broiled Salmon

On the menu tonight: Chicken Tagine (Moroccan Chicken). Photos may or may not be forthcoming.

5 comments:

lauren said...

Yay! Your casserole looks soo yummy! Ours definately was! I can't wait until I move out and can have people over to my place for some casserole...hopefully next year (**fingers crossed**). Hope you two had an amazing Christmas! Love you and miss you lots!

Robin said...

Your casserole and other offerings look divine! I'm anxious to see what your famous Moroccan Chicken finally looks like so post a photo sometime soon. Yup, we had "the casserole", too. It tasted all the more delicious because we talked to the Leipzigers right before we ate ours!

Anne said...

Okay. Now you know that "blog etiquette" is to share the recipe if you post a photo! (Just Kidding!) I'm extremely hungry now, and I have no idea where to start!! ;o) You must be an excellent cook! Everything looks fabulous!!

Anne and her Ne Ne

Bethany said...

Chrissie, I love reading about your adventures lately (I read all the posts from December just now!) I am also updating my blog more frequently these days, so feel free to come visit again.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you.

We also spent our first Christmas in our own home. We did have two of Michael's brothers with us, so I got to stuff stockings and make the Christmas dinner appear. It truly was a Christmas miracle!

Talk to you soon!

Julia and Aaron said...

Your Christmas feast looks delicious! Wow, I'm impressed. You're a great cook!

Glad you had a nice quiet Christmas. You're right: next year the baby will make it a little more interesting. Lilly kept chowing down on the wrapping paper whenever I looked away and Eldon was so excited he could hardly handle it! I was EXHAUSTED by the end:).