Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Nativity Scene...and other Christmas-y Things

It seems like my mom made some really crafty things during my childhood, one of which was a wood-burned nativity scene (for those of you who aren't familiar with this crafting technique, it's when designs are literally burned into the wood with a special tool). She must have made a few sets of them, and a little while ago she gave me some of the extra materials and supplies she's had all these years (including a woodburning pen--score!). Well, it just so happens that I used these materials to make a set of my own, and here is the result:



Note: I don't have the abundant paint supply my mom has, so I needed to mix some of the colors on my own. This resulted in some less-than-desirable hues, but oh well.

So, there you go, Mom--your nativity scene lives on in the Tsaturyan household! Incidentally, we also have some of those lamb ornaments on our tree, which really remind me of your craftiness during the 90s. Hehe.

Speaking of our tree, here's a shot of it:



It's not very tall, but hey, neither are we!

Here's another shot of our living room, which we just rearranged to allow for more lighting and spaciousness:



So anyway, that's all I have to say and show. Bye!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Chrissie, your Nativity Set is gorgeous. . .impressive paint job there! I like your custom-mixed colors, too. You should email a photo of them to Mrs. Leipziger. She'd get a kick out of it since I'm pretty sure she made a set, too, way back in those distant 90s!

lauren said...

Aww...I was just about to leave you a comment letting you know that our nativity scene is up, but it looks like your mom was thinking the same thing! There are so many crafts up around our house from when our moms went to your church every year. Christmas really isn't the same here on Bernick Drive without you guys around!

Julia and Aaron said...

The Nativity Scene and your place look so nice! What talent:)! I only wish our house looked so nice. Good job! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

--Julia

p.s. Yeah, I've been posting under Aaron's email (Benjamin Aaron). Thanks for the comment on my blog:). It's good to stay in touch. I LOVE hearing how you guys are doing.