Since we've got a baby on the way, Sevak and I have taken a great interest in maximizing the space we have in our home. Today we went out and got a lock and shelving for our outdoor storage closet, along with some shelving for our indoor closet, which we are converting to a "pantry" (would you believe we don't have one in our kitchen?). Oh, we also sold our big honkin' entertainment center/TV on craigslist.com (greatest site ever--I could do testimonials for it) and bought a flat screen to hang on the wall. The last couple of hours have been spent putting together annoyingly complex shelves and other stuff. I feel like I at least got a mental and physical workout from it. One of my duties included assembling an end table, which we're using to store our DVD player, cords, and other TV-related paraphernalia. After I completed the task, I took a few moments to catch my breath and revel in my handy capabilities. However, right during my satisfied stupor, Sevak touched the back of the table and noticed that it caved in a bit--I guess I forgot a couple of screws. Way to ruin a moment! This discovery made Sevak realize that the back probably shouldn't be on the unit, anyway--that way the cords could enter easily without having to drill some sort of a hole in it. Unfortunately, though, the back was still partially attached and couldn't be removed without disassembling the whole darn thing. He decided he would go ahead and do it anyway. I threw a fit and told him to just drill a hole. After all, I had gone to such pains to put it together. So anyway, I screamed and kicked for a few minutes while Sevak absorbed it all. He then approached the table, tapped on the back a bit, and it popped right off! I guess it wasn't even attached! Obviously I felt like a dummy (and a meanie). The following punny conversation ensued:
Me: See? Things happen for a reason! It's good I didn't screw that back in after all. Otherwise...otherwise--
Sevak: --you would have been screwed.
Haha! You probably had to be there to get the full funny effect of it all. 'Cause, I mean, I had just made a fool of myself due to Sevak's cool and calm demeanor, and then he hit me with a double whammy of wittiness. What a fellow.
Sevak being handy
1 comment:
What you really need is a visit from Grandpa to your condo. . .he can put together anything, as you know. When it comes to shelves, he wrote the book! ;)
Post a Comment