
I called in sick today because I was actually feeling a little bit under the weather. I couldn’t imagine sitting in front of a computer screen for 8 hours, so I decided to sit in front of a computer screen for 8 hours at home (Just kidding! It’s been more like an hour total, and playing tetris is a lot different from typing numbers and names…). Anyway, I’m reading this book called Making Babies: The Science of Pregnancy by David Bainbridge. It’s extremely interesting. I’ve basically memorized when fetuses start growing fingernails, opening their eyes, etc., so this book is a refreshing look into the how and why of it all. I’ve come to two realizations whilst reading:
(1) While I am extremely grateful to Sevak for providing this baby with half of her genetic material, I can’t deny how astounding and cool it is that my body is sustaining her.
(2) God lives, and he is great. How can such perfectly orchestrated bodily processes be purely a result of evolution? God is most certainly the mastermind behind it all.
So anyway, those are my thoughts, which I leave along with my recommendation of this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment