Thursday, January 17, 2008

Newest Job

Long time no blog (“blog” in its verb sense). As I may have mentioned earlier, I contacted my temp agency to start getting calls again, and they immediately offered me a position. Yes, I am now the newest, fastest data enterer at Sun City Community Association (it’s basically the HOA for a retirement community). So anyway, all I do is enter numbers and names into the computer all day. This may sound boring, but, well….okay, it is. The one perk of the job is that I have an extremely flamboyant and entertaining boss who likes to offer me food. He probably feels sorry that I have been required to complete the most mind-numbing task on the planet (and that the hourly rate isn’t the greatest compensation). How flamboyant and entertaining is he, you ask? Well, enough to have kept me going for as long as I have. My very first day, the other office dwellers called me from my desk to go listen to him sing karaoke with the elderly folk. I guess he used to sing at restaurants. He also always gives me food, insisting that “Rose needs her nourishment.” How can I refute that? The other day he even gave me his recipe for Korean kalbi ribs (he’s from Hawaii, by the way).

Even though he’s pretty awesome, I had to tell him that Friday’s my last day. I’m finding it increasingly difficult to tolerate the boring numbers and the uncomfortable chair. I’m actually probably going to start working at the library again next week, and I’ll also recommence teaching soon. Yep, I’m pretty busy now. When it rains, it pours. It seems like just yesterday I was reading my old textbooks and organizing Sevak’s shirts by color and style.

Well, Rose is currently digging her head into my bladder, so I better get going. Bye!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Your job actually sounds semi-fun, Chrissie. . .especially having a karaoke-singing boss. I think I'd take data entry over substituting bratty teenagers any day!

Laura said...

Chrissie...sounds like a fun job. Your boss sounds like a party. How's everything going with the pregnancy? I'm finally feeling Jackson kick. Anyways, hope you are well.