Thursday, February 14, 2008

Baby Shower

I just thought that since it's been a while I'd post some pics of my baby shower which happened tonight.

Here are some guests smelling diapers...full of melted chocolate bars. The goal was to guess the type of chocolate that was melted in each diaper. Of course, being a pregnant woman with a sweet tooth, I won with 6/7. I let the next highest winner have the prize, though :)



Here is the most thoughtful gift I received: a hand-knit sweater, bonnet, and booties from my sweet visiting teaching companion.



Here I am holding the most luxurious baby blanket ever, which can surely double as a mink stole for the mother.



We also played a game in which the guests had to guess how many toilet paper squares would fit around my belly (10, in case you're wondering. It would have been 11, had Rose chosen to do one of her signature karate kicks).

So anyway, it was sure a fun time. I'm so excited for Rose to get here!

2 comments:

Robin said...

You are such a quick blogger, Chrissie! I was going to call you tomorrow to ask about your shower and here you are an hour after the party with posted photos! It looks and sounds like you were given a wonderful party. What wonderful friends you have!

Laura said...

What a beautiful blanket. I don't know why, but I am obsessed with blankets. I can never have enough. Looks like you had a fun time!