Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Time is Drawing Near...



Here's a picture from yesterday, 36 weeks & 4 days.

Early yesterday morning when I was half-sleeping, Sevak put his arm around me. It was a loving gesture, but kind of uncomfortable. I would have moved or said something, but I was too tired. Well, thankfully little Rose “spoke up” for me—she gave him two distinct kicks and he moved into a more comfortable position. She’s been quite busy lately. Sevak and I (okay, I) joke that she does yoga in my stomach, because she’s always moving and stretching. However, I warn her to stay in “downward-facing dog” so she can come out more easily. Last week I definitely thought she had moved out of her position because I felt her little hiccups in my upper abdomen, after I had been feeling them for a while in my lower abdomen. However, my doctor said she’s in downward-facing dog and ready to go! I’m ready, too—let’s get moving, Rose!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Chrissie...You look so cute and pretty!!! I'm glad Rose is positioning herself appropriately for her advent into the world. :) Super exciting...

Julia and Aaron said...

You look great! I wish I looked so cute when I was that far along. I swell like crazy at the end.

I'm really excited for you and Sevak. What a neat experience--the birth of a baby! I'd love to hear what your birth plans (you should post!) and of course, I want to hear Rose's birth story (after you've recovered:). Can't wait to see pictures! I hope she comes a little before or on the due date!

Morgan said...

looking very cute! i forgot that our due dates were so close! of course you can put a link to our blog. i will do the same with yours. it's always nice to see what's going on! good luck on the last few weeks of your pregnancy!

Robin said...

So very cute--and very pregnant-- you look, Chris! Yes, I wouldn't doubt that Rose is doing yoga in your belly. . .on second thought, maybe she's adopted some of her mom's belly dancing moves? ;)

Elizabethmcl said...

Oh Chrissie, you have such a cute pregnant Tummy! You are such a sexy pregnant woman and you look beautiful. I am sorry I haven't been in touch much lately, but I have been having fun looking at your blog. I love you and miss you!