Last night we went to an interfaith "FHE" (family home evening) at our church. It was really cool because (1) it was the first time I ever ended a prayer with "namaste", (2) it was the first time I ever sang a combination of "This Little Light of Mine" and some Hebrew song (led by a lady from Temple Sinai), and (3) it was the first time I ever heard a stake president ask for a "round of applause" in the chapel (if you're LDS you'll have a deeper understanding of why these things are out-of-the-ordinary). Overall, though, the coolest thing was that I was able to feel the spirit in a group of many denominations, and that I was able to connect with my fellow brothers and sisters in a community-strengthening event.
After the family night, we had a little incident with Rose that gave us a bit of a scare. She occasionally spits up, but last night she threw up really explosively--some even came out her nose. Sevak and I were just sitting there with her when all of a sudden..."Blagghh!" (that's supposed to be the sound of throw up). She was pretty calm afterwards, but Sevak and I were rather shaken up. To make matters worse, we changed her diaper and noticed that she had deviated from her typical yellow poops and had "gone green." This new trend, along with the throw up incident, made us worry. However, she seems to be doing fine now, and she's back to her same ol' yellow poops. When she's older, I'm sure she'll appreciate me sharing this information with you.
I don't know if this event had anything to do with my dreams last night, but during my moments of sleep, I dreamt that I had to go through labor again to have Rose, and I was totally bummed out. Glad I woke up from that nightmare!
2 comments:
what a cool FHE! regarding the vomit: that happened with asher twice i think, and then it never happened again. it happened with sayer as well, and I thought it would just go away like it did with asher, but not so much. he spits up SO much and it is often projectile-like, and often it looks like his entire meal. i just got back from the dr with some acid reflux medicine. i am hoping that it helps, as he has been one miserable little guy. except i gave it to him a few hours ago, and just now, one of his spit ups had pink little granuals that look quite a lot like the medicine i just gave him. hmmm... that is NOT going to be helpful if he just barfs it up everyday!!
i know what you mean though, it totally shook me up at first, but i am pretty used to it now. when it first happened w/ asher, i was so freaked out, i even called my FIL who is a pediatrician. he said he could have just gotten a bubble an it was trapped under his food or something like that, or a mucus build up could cause it. or he could have over-eaten. i would just try to burp him a lot.
sorry this is so long, just something that is on my mind a lot these day! hope she keeps her food down for ya!
The FHE sounds really wonderful and unique. Hope Rose is feeling better!
Post a Comment