Thursday, April 3, 2008

Musings on Rose

I am writing this post as Rose is sleeping next to me, her little hand in a position very reminiscent of an army salute. What a patriotic baby.

Today we took a walk to the mailbox, which she heartily enjoyed. I've noticed that she's a fan of the outdoors. Whenever we're out in the sun she just looks around, kind of in a meditative state.

*Totally random side note: in the mail there was a circular for "Passover Savings" at Vons. Any idea why Cantonese style duck sauce was one of the featured items? It was right there next to the gefilte fish, matzo, and potato pancake mix. Just wondering.*

So anyway, back to Rose. She has a very good appetite. She'll usually hone in on her food with such intensity that you'd think she hadn't eaten for a day or two. She'll shake her head back and forth very quickly as she's trying to find where to latch on. The other day I pumped some breast milk and she successfully took a bottle from Sevak. Last night he tried giving her another one, which she accepted, but apparently she only considered it an appetizer. Lucky for her, Mom's Cafe is open 24/7. Unfortunately, though, she'll only accept her meal if she can get it through this little plastic protector thing. She gets really mad if I try to make her latch on the natural way.

It just so happens that the little rascal is waking up, complete with dainty stretches and booming flatulence. I still have no idea how a being so small can make me wonder, "Did I do that?" Haha...as I look over at her right now, she's giving me a look like, 'Yeah; that was me. You gotta problem with that?"

Well, I better go because--surprise--she's hungry again.

Here's a recent video of her doing nothing in particular, just being cute:

3 comments:

Anne said...

There is an enclave of Jews in Kaifeng, China! They've been there for more than 2000 years! How cool is that?? Anyway, maybe some of them have migrated to Palm Desert?? Ha Ha!

Laura said...

She's such a cutie pie.

Morgan said...

my sister had to use one of those shield things too, and she hated it. she finally lost it one day, and was glad, because it made her force my nephew to eat without it. of course it took a couple feedings and some crying.