Monday, May 12, 2008

She's So Fickle

Rose has been sleeping in her swing for a long time now. I turned it off about 15 minutes into her nap, but she stayed asleep and kept on sleeping. This makes me wish I would have seized the opportunity to get some sleep myself, but now I think it's too late. That's usually how the cookie crumbles. This morning I put her down on 3 different occasions, and as soon as I put myself down, she would wake up again. I gave up...alas. This inconsistent behavior tends to be pretty typical. For example, this morning, immediately after every diaper change, she would do #2 without fail. And a couple days ago she was smiling and laughing up a storm...until I turned on the camera. Sevak was looking through some of the videos yesterday, and laughed at the dialogue that remained consistent throughout them all:

Me: Smile, Rose! That's a good girl! Can you smile for Mommy?
Rose: (blank stare)

Here's a video in which you can detect a slight grin. I could capture better footage if Rose weren't so fickle. ;)

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

HAHAHA! I love how disobedient Rose is, and how much she wants you to spend more money on diapers. :)

Julia and Aaron said...

I totally sympathize with the smile thing! It was always a couple weeks after the babies first smiled that I got it on camera. They just wouldn't perform!

Laura said...

She really looks less newbornish these days. So cute. I hope you are having fun being a mommy. I'm sure not looking forward to those dirty diapers. My sister in law told me it's different when the baby is your own though. I hope that's the case!;)

Shevaun said...

She is adorable! Elle was pretty fickle for a while too. Miss you tons!