Don't you hate it when you're awakened from the middle of a dream by a loud, ringing phone? This morning I had just won some beautiful framed artwork, but reality rang and I realized my prize was phony. And what's even worse is that the call was totally inconsequential, from some random company. Eight o'clock isn't that early, but amazingly, Rose and I both fell asleep after her 6:30 a.m. feeding--something that hasn't been happening lately--so I was enjoying my extra bit of sleep.
Here's a summary of my dream:
It began like it was a TV show (and I was the viewer). Some giant was chasing the "good guys." Various things happened, but at the end, I somehow had the opportunity to win framed artwork if the giant smoked a large cigarette and got the smoke to land in a little target on the ceiling. He was successful!
Here's a dream I had two nights ago:
Somehow I was living in one of my old houses, and a huge swarm of butterflies came to town. I had to protect Rose, so I caught a lot of them in a large net and things ended up being okay. However, the next morning there were a bunch of dead butterflies and butterfly eggs everywhere. My mom randomly entered my dream and told me that once the butterflies hatched, they would be deadly (akin to Africanized killer bees?). So, I spent the whole morning frantically vacuuming up butterfly eggs, while everyone else lazily sat around! The nerve!
I think the butterfly dream was caused from an incident earlier on that day in which we passed an insect-infested bush on our way to the pool. Don't ask me how the other dream came into being. It seems like some of my dreams are just as weird as the ones I had during pregnancy. I still wish my giant-smoking-cigarette one hadn't ended so abruptly. I guess it gave me the opportunity to blog, though (Rose was able to sleep through the ringing phone so she's just laying here next to me--I wonder what she's dreaming about?)!
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading about your dreams. I used to be "so into" dream interpretations when I was in high school and college. RE the butterfly one, did it occur to you that you have somewhat of a butterfly theme in Rose's room (maybe that subconsciously made you dream of them?) Also, the giant's cigarette smoke hitting a target. . the only thing that popped into my mind was that we were at Target the other day and maybe their logo was fresh in your memory? I think we were also talking about cigarette smoke that day? Yes, I am positively reaching with those absurd connections!! P.S. Sorry I didn't help you vacuum up the butterfly larvae!
Chrissie, I'm still trying to get the kids to bed so I'll read you post later and comment, but I wanted to let you know that we have a double Instep stroller. I don't really know the make. Aaron's mother got it for us and I've liked it a lot. We definitely didn't search out which brand was the best, but it has worked really well. I really like that the front wheel can be locked or swivel. Have you been running with Rose?
Post a Comment