Sevak just got a new laptop, which means I can use gmail's instant messaging thing to type to him even though he's 10 feet away. Our current conversation is about an ebay listing that ended before it sold, resulting in the loss of our 35-cent posting fee. I really dislike losses--even 35 cent ones--which reminds me: I'm ridiculous! I come from a coupon-clipping, sample-loving, contest-entering family, but I think that even my mom, who's the queen of frugality, will agree that I'm a little eccentric.
Anyway, just for a good laugh (because I [sometimes] like them even when they're at my expense), here's a list of Chrissie-isms:
* Filling a suitcase full of plastic bottles to bring home to CA because there was no plastic recycling on campus
* Having Sevak drive all over creation for a parking spot to avoid paying the fee in the parking structure (We found a spot, but it necessitated parallel-parking skills that Sevak was not willing to muster. We ended up parking in the structure and I worried about the gas we used trying to find a free spot.)
* Lamenting over the sheet of 1-cent stamps I left at the Post Office after having purchased them
* Taking my foot off the gas as soon as I see a red light, even if it means going at a snail-like pace until I reach the line of stopped vehicles (Hey, if it's a red light, it doesn't matter how fast you get there, right? Sorry, people behind me!)
* Eating food I don't want, but hey, it'll go bad otherwise!
Etc.
Darn that 35-cent loss! Such a catastrophe calls for Sevak's and my most cherished catch-phrase: "waste!" Oh well; he just reminded me in our little gmail convo that we saved 20% on our Chinese dinner tonight (thank you, "Happy Hour")! And since he and I are conversing without words, I'm saving my voice, too! (But am I using more electricity?...Blast!)
P.S. If anyone else knows me well enough to post a Chrissie-ism, feel free to leave a comment.
2 comments:
How about that one time you returned the bottle of ketchup back to Wal-Mart because we didn't need it (95 cents). Or picking up the baseball ball from the street, while running, even though none of us play baseball.
I don't know if this is considered frugal as much as sheer inventiveness, but I remember you making a Cabbage Patch doll-wannabee out of discarded wrapping paper when you were about 5 years old. . .and a darn good one at that!
Post a Comment